If you are a truck driver hoping to find a trucking employer that will help you meet a healthy work-life balance, Schneider National offers exactly that. When hired by Schneider as a truck driver, you receive all sorts of trucker benefits. For example, did you know that Schneider truck drivers can get four grand to help pay for adopting a child? No other trucking company in the US offers that sort of benefit. Find out more about this benefit offered to Schneider employees, as well as about the other trucking benefits available to drivers.
Family Values at Schneider
According to Schneider National, “We treat all drivers with dignity and respect, and we work with our customers to make sure they do too. Schneider is like a family, and you’ll fit right in.” And to help show the meaning of family, Schneider also provides valuable benefits for your own family, including assistance with adoptions.
You can get up to $4,000 as a one-time payment to reimburse you for adoption expenses. Expenses for an adoption vary from case to case, but could include:
- Legal representation in court cases
- Legal aid for processing paperwork
- Travel to and from the child’s former residence or country
- Lodging and food when traveling to get the child
- Funding for documentation including birth certificates, name changes, passports, etc.
- Financing for adoption agencies
Keep in mind that not all of these adoption expenses may be eligible for reimbursement. The expenses must be approved by Schneider, and the adoption must be for a non-related child. The child will need to be 16 or younger to qualify you for the assistance.
Other Family-Friendly Trucker Benefits
Adoption assistance is just one of the many trucker benefits that Schneider offers to help you and your family thrive. You can also receive:
- Employee assistance program funding for counseling sessions
- Free legal and financial advice
- Financial resources to help with elder or child care
- Life insurance coverage worth $20,000 paid in full by Schneider National
- Flexible spending accounts that can be used to pay for health care, dependent care, vision, and dental
- Retirement account benefits for a 401(k) plan that allows you to contribute up to 50 percent, and you can start contributing the day you start driving for Schneider National
- Critical illness insurance protection, in case you suffer from a serious illness while on the job
- Short-term disability insurance that provides you with 60 percent of your standard salary for up to 26 weeks, if you are unable to work due to injury or illness
- Paid vacation including one-week paid vacation for one year of service and up to four-weeks paid vacation after 15 years of driving
- Paid time off for jury duty
- Paid time off up to three days for a funeral
- Paid time off for required military service and/or training
- Discounts on auto and home insurance, along with the ability to deduct these premiums through your payroll account
- Truck driving school tuition reimbursement for students who get their CDL, worth up to $7,000
As you can see, Schneider National certainly understands the value of its truck drivers. You receive top pay rates for hauling freight at Schneider, as well as benefits and financial assistance that helps to increase the amount of money left in your pocket after you get paid.
Trucking Jobs at Schneider National
So, what does it take to drive a truck at Schneider? For starters, you can be a new CDL holder or an experienced truck driver and still get a job at Schneider. All new drivers for this trucking company are put through a trucking orientation program. You will go through a different type of orientation depending on your experience and the haul type you are getting hired for:
- Tanker orientation is 12 days
- Intermodal orientation is 5 days
- Van truckload orientation is 4 days
- New CDL holder orientation is 3 weeks
Orientation facilities are located in:
- Atlanta, Georgia
- Salt Lake City, Utah
- Dallas, Texas
- Chicago, Illinois
- Green Bay, Wisconsin
If you need transportation to an orientation facility, you may receive reimbursement for travel.
If you successfully complete the orientation for your haul type and behind-the-wheel experience, Schneider will provide you with a for hire contract. At this point, you will become part of the Schneider National family, and your benefits will soon follow.